I had the opportunity to watch the competitions in Berlin and made a few observations:
1. Stay in your own track till the end of the race
2. You are not going to run any faster by getting in someone else’s way
3. Spread out your energy appropriately over the entire race.
4. Join your counterparts in celebrating a good race.
5. Always seek to do better than your last race.
6. Don’t begin a marathon with a sprint. You cannot hope to win a sprint by jogging off the blogs.
7. Hold the baton well. If you drop it all the hard work will be a waste!
8. Don’t break the record in the heats. Rather wait for the finals. Makes more sense.
8. Finish well, finish strongly and finish with a flourish.
Have a great week. BTM